2008 Beneteau 43 Oceanis
Yacht price :
2008 Beneteau 43 Oceanis For Sale
Call for appointment for a ZOOM or FACETIME video walkthrough
Children off to college after a 2 year cruise
4 CABIN, 2 HEAD LAYOUT
NEW STANDING RIGGING ( APRIL 2019)
RETRACTABLE BOW THRUSTER
NEW LITHIUM BATTERIES (2021) 400 amp hr
NEW KIWI ALLGRIP TOPSIDE
Transmission rebuilt (San Diego) 2022
.6 GAL/HR @ 1800 RPM, 5.5 KNTS
- 43 Oceanis
- Ensenada, Baja Norte, MX
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Iron Calculus
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 43 ft - 13.11 meter
- 43 ft - 13.11 meter
- 13 ft 6 in - 4.11 meter
- Draft - max:
- 6 ft - 1.83 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- 19800 lbs
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Direct Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 54 (Individual), 54 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 53 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 143 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
March 2021 Survey Comments - Accomodations
Forward of the cockpit is the companionway down to the accommodations. To either side of the removable companionway stairwell is entrance to an aft double cabin. Behind the stairwell itself is access to the engine room. The aft heads are to starboard and port immediately forward of this is the aft facing nav station. Opposite to starboard is the galley with fridge, freezer and considerable stowage. Forward of this is the saloon and forward of this is the forward double cabin. There is considerable stowage throughout. All furnishings and equipment are in very clean, tidy condition and all observed was serviceable.
Tankage is roto moulded water tank, 200ltr, starboard aft cabin, a 10ltr holding tank, and a 200ltr fuel tank under the port aft double bed. All appears in excellent condition.
Plumbing is in good condition and all is double clamped. Internally, all skinfittings are fit for service.
Bilges were dry and clean. In addition to a manually switched bilge pump there is also an automatic bilge pump and water alarm, all working well.
Switch and fuse board is standard and wiring is sound.
- New settee cushions (2022)
- Custom companionway doors
- Gourmia GTF7660 Air Fryer Oven - 19 one touch cooking functions
- Duxtop S5Q3 electric cooktop
- Whynter 2.1 cu ft 120v freezer
- 12 volt top loading refrigerator
- Custom Island w built in drawer (easily movable)
- Twin deep stainless steel sinks
- Dedicated gulper pump to drain refrigerator
- Quick Nautic 6.5 gal 1200w hot water heater
- VION ships clock, barometer, temperature and humidity
March 2021 Survey Comments - Rig and Rigging
Rig and rigging
Rig is the standard fractional sloop rig now common to all modern Beneteau keelboats.
Shrouds and stays are all 1 x 19 stainless steel with swage eye end fittings. These are very new, having been replaced in 2019, all are fit for service.
Forestay roller furler is in excellent condition, again not original equipment, fit for service.
Sheets, halyards and lines are a mixture of new and used, though all modern line types, and all are fit for service. Lines generally lead to the cockpit through jammers, all these are in good condition and fit for service.
Winches, all Harken self tailers, operated well, fit for service.
Excellent stainless steel pulpit and pushpit (with outboard motor mount) stainless steel stanchions and 7 x 19 stainless cable rails, fit for service.
Lazy jacks and easy bag for sail stowage, fit for service.
- Standing rigging replaced in Germany. New 2019
- Doyle Dacron Mainsail and Genoa
- Dacron Stackpack - new 2022 w continuous line (open and close from cockpit)
March 2021 Survey Comments - Hull
Keel is a bolt on steel item with lead ballast and lead bulb. Hull keel joint showed no sign of movement and keel has no indication of collision or hard grounding.
Rudder is a spade rudder, fiberglass with a stainless steel frame. This also shows no sign of collision nor leakage. Articulation is excellent and bearings are in good condition.
Tail shaft and strut are in good condition and sacrificial anodes are relatively new. Bearings are smooth. Propeller is a 3 bladed folding type in excellent condition.
Hull sounded well with no apparent voids and with no sign of collision damage. Antifouling is newly applied.
RMC retractable bow thruster is in good condition and works appropriately. It is independently powered with its own battery.
The hull from waterline to gunwhale also sounded well. Gelcoat finish is in good condition, as are the teak footrails at the hull / deck joint. Again, there seems no sign of collision, and few signs of age.
Externally all skin fittings are fit for service.
- Flexofold 3 blade propeller
- RMC Swing (retractable) bow thruster with dedicated battery
The boat was hauled in Chiapas in February 2022 for bottom paint, the hull was sanded to the gel coat, re-primed with two coats of Seahawk tuff stuff epoxy primer, and painted with two coats of Seahawk sharkskin hard paint. The prop was treated with propspeed.
The boat was trucked overland from Guaymas to Ensenada in August 2022 a coat of Comex ablative paint was applied over the Seahawk bottom paint.
March 2021 Survey Comments - Decks
Decks, as mentioned above, are balsa cored. No evidence of delamination or water entry into the core could be found, these are in excellent condition and fit for service.
All hatches and their respective seals and latches are in good condition and fit for service.
All portlights seal correctly.
Anchor windlass, a 12v Quick, works well and is fit for purpose.
The spray dodger forward of the cockpit is serviceable but starting to show its age. There is no bimini.
- Kiwigrip nonskid deck coating (new 2022)
- Harken 40 2 speed winch (x2) on coachroof
- Harken 46 2 speed winch (x2) primary
- Rope clutches for line control on coachroof
- 40# Lewmar anchor w 260' 10mm chain and 160' rope rode
- Dyneema lifelines
- Linex coating (both helm wheels)
- Pyle Hydra speakers (x4 - 2 in cockpit, 2 in salon)
March 2021 Survey Comments - Cockpit
Cockpit features twin helm stations, good folding dining table and two large stowage compartments. These compartments were filled with equipment but this is not catalogued in this survey. Here may also be found the two gas bottles in their own stowage and with excellent condition piping and switchgear.
March 2021 Survey Comments - Mechanical
Engine room and bilges are clean and the space is tidy and well arranged
Main engine is a Yanmar 4JH4AE 54hp diesel through a Kanzaki transmission to a shaft drive. Alternator is a12v 80amp unit. All started, and ran well though it should be noted that a sea trial was not conducted. Cooling is by the usual freshwater coolant to a heat exchanger, all worked well. Exhaust is seawater cooled with a waterlift and vent, all operated well with no leaks.
All fuel filters are properly installed and clean at the time of inspection.
Oils, filters and lubrication levels are correct and showed clean.
- Engine hours estimated at 3,600
- Transmisson rebuilt 2022, San Diego
- Battle Born deep cycle lithium batteries (2012) 400 amp hr
- Victron 2000 watt inverter/charger
- Victron BMV-702 battery monitor
- Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-30 DC-DC battery charger (The unit can be monitored and programmed via Bluetooth and can be remotely controlled via a remote on/off switch)
- Generac 3000i 120v portable generator (gas)
Electronics and Navigation
- Plastimo Olympic 135 compass (x2) at helms
- Raymarine p70s autopilot push button controller
- Raymarine C95 Chartplotter
- Raymarine Digital 4kW 18" 48 mile radar
- Raymarine ST70 multifunction instruments
- EasyTRX WiFi AIS transponder
- ICOM IC-M25 Marine VHF
- Raystar 125 GPS receiver
- Seatalk converter
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.